Thursday, July 2, 2009

Je N'ai Pas Un Titre Créatif

After reading the Young Royals series by Carolyn Meyers I decided to read the Royal Diaries series which are written by Kathryn Lasky, Carolyn Meyers, and Anna Kirwan. I have a fascination with royal families from hundreds of years ago, especially the Tudors of England. The Young Royals books I own include the stories of Anne Boleyn, Catharine of Aragon, Queen Elizabeth I, and Bloody Mary. Of the Royal Diaries series I own the books about Kristina, King (yes, King, long story...) of Denmark; Queen Elizabeth I of England; Anastasia, Grand Duchess of Russia; Mary, Queen of Scots; Queen Victoria of England, and Marie Antoinette, Princess of Versailles, which is the only one I have started reading. I could go on and on about how much I enjoy these books and how terribly interesting court life and European history is to me, but that is actually not the point of this post (ha! fooled you, eh?)

Anyway, I was reading about Marie Antoinette and was inspired to study French some more (I had already done so earlier this week) because I'm starting to forget what little I've learned. I intended to do that and then read some more (after checking facebook quickly. heh) and then planned to go to bed early so that I could enjoy spending the next two days straight with friends with the hopes that I won't collapse from exhaustion.

INSTEAD, however, I discovered that my sidebar had been added to the blog and spent a good 20 minutes at least attempting to figure out how to add to it/use it. After fruitless searching and searching and opening a bunch of windows and logging in and out, I realized that Rose told us how to in a facebook message (something involving a wrench). Great. I'm annoyed at myself, but relieved that I can at least add something and not have it irritating me from that little corner in my brain that doesn't like to leave things unfinished. Of course I then spent another 10 minutes trying to figure out Rose's directions and find this elusive wrench, but no luck. Curses... Actually, I'm convinced it doesn't exist.

*Note to Blogger: You should really makes things less complicated for the common sense-less. Merci*

Eh bien, back to French I guess. At least I finally posted something.



P.S. I apologize to Rose for my elementary and probably grammatically-incorrect French :)

5 comments:

  1. For some reason I feel the need to add that I forgot that the Young Royals series also includes a book about Catherine De Medici, which I also just started reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing! Here's another way to do it: Go to the layout tab. The page should say "Add and Arrange Page Elements" and under that should be a list of sidebar items. Underneath the name of your's is an edit button. Another window will pop up where you can add and delete items at will but I've set it so that only the most recent three will show up (that's something you can change too).

    Also, your French is beautiful and we should study it together sometime because I haven't looked at a French book in over a year. *tear*

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMIGOSH!
    I loved Caroline Meyer! I have Beware, Princess Elizabeth and read it several times. I've read the one about Anne Bolyen and Bloody Mary too. I also have the Queen Elizabeth I Royal Diaries book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way Anna! That's so cool! Now I feel like less of a nerd :)

    Haha merci beaucoup Rose :)

    Ok I don't see a layout tab or anything... you know I'm thinking only you can edit stuff because you created the blog... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, everyone has been granted admin privileges. Does it work now?

    ReplyDelete