Monday, September 21, 2009

So No One Told You Life Was Gonna Be This Way...

“I’m thinking it’s a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images and when we kiss they are perfectly aligned. And I have to speculate that God Himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay.”

-The Postal Service, Such Great Heights

So who would have ever thought that this would happen? Be honest. Zac claims to have foreseen our rapidly increasing friendship just because we are very similar and have compatible personalities, but Zac always tends to claim that after two people he knew separately become really good friends. J Did I know that the name the group always threw around “Oh, if only Andrew Wagner were here… Tim and Andrew Wagner are so funny together…Andrew Wagner…Andrew Wagner…” (and I always took note that it was the full name—which made me curious as to see what kind of person deserved their whole name spoken as opposed to just the first or the last. And of course the name was always followed by laughter, as if remembering some past joke.)? No, of course not.

So Gig ‘Em Week rolls around, and I’m excited to see everyone again, get back to my home, and have lots of fun. Sunday moved in, Monday met Andrew for the first time at Sbisa, of course (squared). As I do with most people, hit it off right from the get go; there was never that awkward moment when you first get to know someone (we’ve all had it before!). We were just able to talk to each other very openly, honestly, and easily from the moment we met. However, it was mostly Tim and Andrew who were ricocheting off each other’s jokes that day. I sat back and observed, laughing all the while and fully enjoying myself. Gig ‘Em Week was interesting to say the least, and of course a lot of fun. As fate would have it, Andrew, Caleb, and I hung out a lot, and got to know each other better. A synopsis of the events that took place can be found written in wall posts between Andrew and my walls on Facebook, as Mary can contest to.

This is how I put it to Ashley: “You know when a person just walks into your life, and you know they were meant to be there all along? And you will never be the same because of them?” Yeah, that’s basically what it’s been like. Just randomly, one day, Andrew walks in on my seemingly normal, easy-going life, and just completely sweeps me off my feet. Literally, in some cases (he’s teaching me how to beat people up…more on that, later). But you know that things aren’t normal when you are already finishing each other’s sentences by the end of the first week that you met. And that you know exactly what the other person is thinking at any given moment. And it’s not due to the fact that we know each other extremely well; we have literally just met. It is in major part from the fact that we think exactly alike; to the point it is quite freaky. And that doesn’t happen. It just doesn’t happen. There have been many people whom I can understand really well because we think alike. That’s different from thinking exactly the same. We have the same opinion about a lot of subjects, and the phrases “I know exactly what you are talking about” or “I know exactly how you feel” have never been said with such sincerity, truthfulness, or so often in our deep conversations. It is like we have known each other all our lives, but are just now realizing it and getting to spend time together. This kid never ceases to astonish me and cause me to fall in love with him over and over again. Another overused phrase: “Andrew Wagner, where have you been all my life?!” Ironically, not that far away; our paths very close to one another, but never quite crossing.

So I will spare you all the mushy-girly details on this thread, because those are best saved for girl time (or not at all if y’all don’t particularly care). But who knew Andrew Wagner was such a romantic guy? Not I.

“Sometimes people come into your life and you know
right away that they were meant to be there, to serve
some sort of purpose, teach you a lesson, or to help
you figure out who you are or who you want to become.

You never know who these people may be - a roommate, a
neighbor, a professor, a friend, a lover, or even a
complete stranger - but when you lock eyes with them,
you know at that very moment they will affect your
life in some profound way."

-Author Unknown

6 comments:

  1. Amazing.
    Beautiful.
    Unexpected!
    Exciting.
    HAPPY.

    I love you. And thank you for telling us about it! Not to steal his words, Kaz, but I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Now I'm super happy. Thanks Kaz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently you guys need to work on your facebook stalking skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no-- I got that down. My stalking skills have been uniquely honed by our favorite social networking site. But man, this post was a million times more worthy of smiles than

    "Christine Kaz Kasbarian is now in a relationship with Andrew Wagner."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah! kaz! that was so unexpected! :D
    (sorry my facebook stalking skills still need some refining to do...)

    I'm so happy for you though! I love that "where have you been all my life?" feeling - it's just so complete. :]

    *GIANT HUG* and *warm and fuzzy feelings inside*
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy, you never know what your parents might be reading.

    ReplyDelete