Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tidbits

1. Today my toilet started making weird noises. Now, I feel like the normal reaction to this would be to freak out or be confused, BUT I instead just sighed and felt rather annoyed. That's because if my toilet breaks (I don't think it is totally broken yet, but almost) it will have been the 3rd time this semester. I've literally been here 36 days. I feel like 3 times is kind of excessive. I live in the dorm named Prassel. It's the newest one and is supposed to be one of the nicest. LIES all LIES. Haha ok not entirely, but besides the toilet issues, the pipes in the walls vibrate when people take too hot showers, and we had ants for the first week. There's also now a really nasty smell in my room and suitemates' room, but it doesn't appear to be coming from the bathroom. ?? Seriously Trinity?

2. Saturday night my friends and I played hide and seek and capture the flag in upper campus. It was pretty fun... minus the part where I picked a really bad hiding spot and got about a million bug bites. Seriously, I looked like I had chicken pox and felt like I had been sunburned :P

3. I think today was the first time in a very long time that I can remember it being the first day of fall and it actually FEELS like fall. If it weren't for the rain, it would've been a beautiful day :) I'm so over this south Texas heat and humidity.

4. Mary and I turn 20 in a week. This age is almost meaningless, except the fact that it marks an end to our teenage years. I'm not ok with this. I feel like I've grown up to fast and that I should be 17. Mary, let's go drown our sorrows ice cream sometime next Tuesday. Meet you halfway?? :)
P.S. You should also check your mail sometime next week ;)

I could tell y'all more about all the work I have to do for school and the organizations I'm involved with, but that's probably not very interesting to you, so I think this is all I'm gonna post for now...

Except, is it just me, or does anyone else really miss being a freshman?

avec amour,

Emily

2 comments:

  1. I miss I miss I miss you.

    Turning 20 is unreal. Literally. I've decided not to do it. Are you with me?

    And what a coincidence! You should check your mail, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love mail! And I am so with you.

    ReplyDelete